Since I wrote in this recent post about my trompe l'oeil painting, I have gotten several inquiries about the wine labels. This was one I did for our family, incorporating wine labels we had saved over the years - mostly with special memories attached. I have also been asked to do special orders of friends' own labels and corks, as well as cheese labels, and other personal memory-laden items.
I am currently accepting commissions on custom versions of this wine painting - incorporating specific labels and corks of the client's choosing. I will paint each label exactly as it is sent to me, including wine spills, rips, handwriting, etc., unless I receive instructions to "clean it up" (but I personally think the wine spills and other imperfections give the painting much more character).
This is the perfect gift for wine aficionados who already have all the oenophile's accoutrements. In a way, it's a very personal portrait of a wine lover's best memories!
Here are some of the specific details:
- Hand painted in highest quality artists oils on board (museum quality), signed
- Size: 24" x 16", unframed
- Price: $2100 (unframed)
- Price with gold leaf style frame: $2100 + 250 = $2350 (framed)
- Lead time: 6-8 weeks from the time I receive complete package of materials from customer
- Shipping: FedEx standard fee
- Cash, check and all credit cards accepted
Here's what I need from the customer to get started:
- Either actual labels and corks (preferable) or good photocopies & photos
- Signed contract and 50% downpayment
Balance, plus shipping, and sales tax within Massachusetts, will be due upon completion.
Here are some close-up shots of my own painting, showing my attention to even the tiniest details:
It's a bit hard to capture on film, but I use real gold, silver and copper paints.
If you are interested in special ordering one of these paintings for the upcoming December holidays, please respond ASAP.