CELEBRATING THE ART OF LIVING WELL,
AS THE FRENCH DO,
BY USING ALL FIVE SENSES
TO APPRECIATE EVERYTHING ABOUT LIFE

(FOR MY JOIE DE VIVRE PHILOSOPHY, READ MY FIRST THREE POSTS FROM JUNE 2009)






14 October 2013

Coming soon to the Wine Spectator!



Since I wrote in this recent post about my trompe l'oeil painting, I have gotten several inquiries about the wine labels. This was one I did for our family, incorporating wine labels we had saved over the years - mostly with special memories attached. I have also been asked to do special orders of friends' own labels and corks, as well as cheese labels, and other personal memory-laden items.

I am currently accepting commissions on custom versions of this wine painting - incorporating specific labels and corks of the client's choosing. I will paint each label exactly as it is sent to me, including wine spills, rips, handwriting, etc., unless I receive instructions to "clean it up" (but I personally think the wine spills and other imperfections give the painting much more character).

This is the perfect gift for wine aficionados who already have all the oenophile's accoutrements. In a way, it's a very personal portrait of a wine lover's best memories!

Here are some of the specific details:
  • Hand painted in highest quality artists oils on board (museum quality), signed
  • Size: 24" x 16", unframed
  • Price: $2100 (unframed)
  • Price with gold leaf style frame: $2100 + 250 = $2350 (framed)
  • Lead time: 6-8 weeks from the time I receive complete package of materials from customer
  • Shipping: FedEx standard fee
  • Cash, check and all credit cards accepted
Here's what I need from the customer to get started:
  • Either actual labels and corks (preferable) or good photocopies & photos
  • Signed contract and 50% downpayment
Balance, plus shipping, and sales tax within Massachusetts, will be due upon completion.

Here are some close-up shots of my own painting, showing my attention to even the tiniest details:

 It's a bit hard to capture on film, but I use real gold, silver and copper paints.










Contact: kate@katedickerson.com

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are interested in special ordering one of these paintings for the upcoming December holidays, please respond ASAP. 
Thank you!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing. xx Missy
    therinfretgroup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share on Tumblr